TFL Updates For July-December 2011
January 10th, 2012
The Louisiana Campaign for Tobacco-Free Living (TFL) has made great strides throughout the state during the past 6 months. Highlights included:
• The City of Alexandria passed the first 100% smoke-free ordinance in Louisiana on October 4, 2011. This ordinance includes bars, gaming and nursing homes. The Louisiana Campaign for Tobacco-Free Living (TFL) is developing new print, radio and internet-based ads to promote awareness and compliance of the new law scheduled to take effect January 1, 2012.
• The Southern University System passed a tobacco-free campus policy that will go into effect on each of their five campuses on January 2, 2012.
• The Let’s Be Totally Clear social media presence and facebook page continues to gain support by way of increased fans and postings to the page. To date, Let’s Be Totally Clear now has more than 10,000 facebook fans.
• TFL’s 2011 Scientific Advisory Board occurred on Thursday, December 1st. This meeting will help to determine the programmatic and media foci for FY 12/13.
• LPHI’s IS Division developed and implemented an online Grantee Application Grading component to TFL’s grantee reporting platform and refreshed the TFL.org website that will go live at the end of December or early next year.